Network Technician (Temporary) - IMT Network Operations
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Network Technician position for Information and Media Technology supports administrative functions of the university's wireless network, wired network needs and telephony needs, including troubleshooting wireless issues, equipment failures, account management, and answering student, faculty, and staff questions. You will be responsible for analyzing and maintaining aspects of network administration for Azusa Pacific University and will provide technical support for our employees and students at all campuses. In this role, you'll be assisting Engineering, Device Solutions, and other internal teams with a wide range of hardware, software issues specific to the wireless network, local and wide area networks, and telephony services. If you enjoy technology, creative problem solving, and working with diverse and intelligent people, this position is a great venue to learn and make a difference.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. You will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations working closely with customer facing teams.
- A.A. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Post-secondary or intensive self-study courses in networking, telecommunications, computer science, programming, systems administration, etc.
- Minimum of 1 -2 year of experience in network administration technologies
- Cisco certification (CCENT or above) or equivalent third party certification
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in administration, coordination of telecommunications / network services and support
- Maintain data connectivity for local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) systems, and APU Wireless network.
- Coordinate with customers and engineers to implement and ensure the proper operation of Network remotely or in the field.
- Assist other staff with priority issues and support desk tickets as necessary and act as an escalation point for Tier 1 technicians.
- Assist with development and/or revision of written operating procedures
- Respond quickly and professionally to client needs, taking independent and proactive action to ensure highest quality of service and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Maintain proper records of hardware, software, and network configurations including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information
- Provide input and present information related to network/telecommunications and procedures. Participate as a team member on the development of wireless solutions including renovation, relocation and constructions of remote campuses.
- Analyze and troubleshoot the network, logging and tracking the nature and resolution of problems.
- Provide daily and weekly updates regarding outstanding issues and work progress.
- Take ownership and actively seek out new information and keep up to date with the latest in networking technology, including collaborating with team members, contacting product vendors as needed, etc.
- Assists in implementing special projects including network related wired and wireless plans.
- Assists other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support and specialized training.
- Travel to other APU locations as required.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Proficient in Google G Suitte (Apps), Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS command line interface
- Knowledge of Linux command line interface
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration
- Customer Support Ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk)
- Internal collaboration systems (e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Wiki, Slack)
- System/Network health logging/monitoring applications (e.g. Centreon, Cacti, Nagios, Syslog, Kibana etc.)
- Other technologies covered above.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.