Project Manager - Survey
Manage, direct, and supervise the work efforts of assigned staff and coordinate the technical and managerial direction provided by Management regarding scope, schedule, quality and budget of projects. Responsible for monitoring and assisting in the achievement of department, division, and corporate financial measures.
- Prepare effective work plans and man-hour budgets for approval by Department Manager.
- Monitor time schedules and capital cost budgets on projects to satisfy the client as well as control work and productivity.
- Responsible for the quality control/quality assurance process on all assigned projects.
- Oversee the work and productivity on assigned projects.
- Strive to achieve predetermined goals for profit, productivity targets, and schedule of deliverables.
- Participates in formulating and coordinating proposals and provides other Marketing support, including Business Development.
- Identify the project team, work packages and tasks, evaluation methods, productivity targets, schedule of deliverables and man power needed on projects.
- Hold team meetings ensuring procedures governing review and approval of projects are followed prior to submission of completed work.
- Negotiate with clients on any scope changes relative to project budgets and schedules subject to supervisors' approval.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with all employees involved in the project to ensure high utilization rates (i.e. Project team meetings).
- Review monthly man-hour and cost reports to ensure projects are being completed at the pre-determined goal.
- Ensure everyone involved is working in accordance with all project planning and profit control procedures.
- Ensure that all scope revisions affecting the project schedule and/or budget are discussed with the client. Ensure that all out-of-scope work and associated fees are approved by the client prior to performing the services.
- Solicit help and involvement from Department Managers and any other managers to troubleshoot any technical problems.
- Prepare for and present when expert testimony is required for public hearings and other presentations.
- Works efficiently with the Billing Department to authorize and transmit bills to client. Follows up with clients for timely payments.
- Mentor junior staff in learning sound technical and business practices, and enhancing corporate objectives.
- Comply with Maser Health and Safety standards and enforce procedures.
- May oversee the activities of assigned staff, including but not limited to timesheet review and approval, performance evaluation and daily supervision.
- 5-10 years' experience in surveying.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, providing strong team leadership and effective project delivery.
- Experience with preparing proposals, developing budgets, tracking budgets and the associated financial management skills necessary to run a team and monitor the performance of the business.
- PSM preferred.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record required. MVR will be checked and monitored.
Maser Consulting is a privately owned, multi-disciplined, engineering firm with a unique balance of public and private sector experience. Headquartered in Red Bank, NJ, the firm has consistently been recognized nationally by Engineering News Record as one of its Top 500 Design Firms and employs over 650 professionals nationally.
At Maser Consulting our professionals are committed to the highest standard of customer service.
Our team of experts is driven by these adopted core values:
Civil and Site Engineering, Recreational/Sports Services, Land Surveying, Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Planning, Environmental Services, Municipal Services, Telecommunication Services, Energy, 3-D High Definition Laser Scanning, and Geotechnical Engineering
Red Bank, NJ
Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:29:44 PDT