Copy Editor - Graduate Enrollment and Student Services
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Reporting to the GPESS Communications Manager, the Copy Editor for the GPESS Communications Office serves as a writer, proofreader, and editor that can effectively communicate to graduate and professional students. In collaboration with leadership in the GPESS, the person serving in this position will monitor and support university communications concerning graduate and professional students and all those at APU who work with them. This person will write, edit, and proofread communication materials, and provide innovative ideas, recommendations, services, and strategies for the support of professional writing protocols for a comprehensive communication network for graduate and professional students. This person will be responsible for delivering copy that will enhance and advance communications and marketing to graduate and professional students in the midst of major institutional growth at all seven of the University's locations in Southern California and online.
- BA degree required
- Preferred degree in English or Communications
- 1-2 years of writing, proofreading, and editing experience
- Preferred marketing and social media writing experience
- Preferred experience using complex communications software
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- The essential function of this position is to provide writing, editing, and marketing support for the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system of Graduate and Professional Enrollment and Student Services (GPESS). The primary responsibility is writing templates in the CRM for the various stages of the admissions recruitment process, employing promotional and persuasive writing skills, navigating the technical aspects of the CRM, and monitoring and assessing the delivery of communications. The position thus entails principal communications support for Graduate and Professional Admissions, but also includes support for the other offices of the GPESS: the Registrar, Student Financial Services, Client Services, Student Affairs, Military and Veterans Services, and APU's Regional Campuses.
- Provide communications and marketing support for university departments outside of the GPESS, including both service and academic departments, as directed by the Communications Manager.
- Write copy for the CRM, communication materials, digital signage, screen recording videos, and GPESS email blasts in collaboration with the departments that own those products and the content of those products.
- Assist the Communications Manager in the development, implementation, and maintenance of GPESS communication tools.
- Assist the Communications Manager in coordinating communication efforts with APU offices that serve graduate and professional students to ensure information is timely, relevant, and beneficial to graduate and professional students.
- Research communication tools and platforms to recommend implementation or training opportunities.
- Monitor and assist in the maintenance of the GPESS websites, intranets, social media, and other communication tools.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- MailChimp experience preferred
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.