Aviation Faculty Member
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this full-time position in the Aviation Maintenance Technology Program, the Faculty Member will have responsibility for teaching aviation courses from the Department’s offerings, providing classroom and laboratory instruction in aviation maintenance subjects and related technologies to a diverse student population enrolled in the Aviation, Associate of Applied Science Degree, and Airframe and Power Plant Certificate Programs. Two positions available.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Hold a minimum of four office hours per week.
- Participate actively in College, Department, and Division services and activities.
- Participate in the Department’s assessment, development and implementation of lecture and laboratory curriculum, courses and programs.
- Actively participate in recruiting for the Aviation Technology Maintenance Program.
- Maintain own professional certifications and remaining current in aviation technology maintenance practices and standards.
- Update, revise, rewrite, and structure course learning content to match course objectives.
- Adapt instructional materials for each course instruction.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation or a closely related field from an accredited institution or equivalent qualifications as determined by the appointing authority.
- Airframe & Power Plant Certification.
- Five years of relevant work experience in an aviation capacity.
- Demonstrated presentation skills in the classroom including integration of computer-based aviation software program(s).
- Commitment to the community college philosophy.
- Demonstrated evidence of keeping current in the fields of aviation and teaching.
- Ability to relate pedagogically to the needs and interests of students.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
- Potential to make significant contributions to curriculum development.
- Ability to meet the challenges of a broad curriculum and a student body with diverse abilities, interests and backgrounds.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with the integration of aviation technology and alternative delivery systems of instruction in the teaching-learning process.
- Experience with innovative instructional strategies that support student success.
- Experience, an appreciation for, and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
COMPENSATION: Full-time, MCCC Unit Position with base salary range of $41,621 – $52,187 (for 9-month academic year); actual base salary will be commensurate with education, qualifications and experience, and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Position will require approximately 73 days of work outside of the academic year (OAY) to be compensated at 1/160th of base salary, per day. Total annual salary (from which retirement contribution deductions will be made) will include base 9-month rate plus pay for additional days (number of OAY days is subject to variances based on actual dates in academic calendar) estimated to be $60,610 – $75,997. Position also includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 16, 2017