Dean for Global Campus
General Description of Position:
The dean serves as the chief administrative officer of K-State Global Campus, responsible for providing strategic vision, oversight, leadership and management in all aspects of Global Campus operations including academic programs, enrollment management, workforce and noncredit professional development programming, collaborative partnerships, finance, marketing, outreach, diversity and inclusion, and faculty and staff development.
The dean must have strong communication skills, be collaborative, be an effective member of and contributor to the university’s senior leadership team and interact successfully with deans, department heads, faculty and staff of the university’s nine colleges and three physical campuses. The dean of Global Campus reports to the provost and senior vice president and serves as a key member of the university academic leadership team.
Information about the Department:
Global Campus is a self-funded university enterprise which offers an array of courses and programs including bachelors, masters, doctoral, certificate and professional development programs; facilitates the delivery of intersession, evening and summer courses; provides academic support to members of the military and their families; develops, in coordination with the academic programs, articulation agreements with community colleges; develops and coordinates conferences and noncredit programs for professionals in the workforce; and, with the Office of International Programs, develops and coordinates programs with international partners. Global Campus serves approximately 65,000 credit and noncredit participants yearly and administers an approximate $40M annual operating budget (FY17).
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
Responsibilities of the Dean Include:
- Enhance the quality, variety and flexibility of Global Campus degree program offerings to increase enrollment, retention and graduation rates of online students, encouraging the development of innovative programs and services that attract and retain both traditional and non-traditional students and that respond to changing economic and business needs.
- Advocate for and support student success by providing appropriate services.
- Serve as a visionary, innovative and entrepreneurial leader for the university, monitor current trends and challenges in online higher education, adult learning and professional workforce development, and pursue new initiatives to position K-State at the forefront of the industry.
- Develop and support strategies to increase the outreach of all Global Campus program areas while ensuring high-quality programming that follows best practices and fits the mission of Global Campus.
- Support the provision and alignment of resources to support the Global Campus mission and to accomplish strategic goals, ensuring sound financial results through effective enrollment management, financial planning and establishment of clear financial goals.
- Work effectively with staff, faculty, department heads, deans, university administrators and the broader community, building successful collaborations to enhance the Global Campus portfolio.
- Empower and support staff to achieve performance goals and objectives, consistently raising the bar with regard to performance expectations, inspiring accomplishment of goals and objectives and modeling professional excellence.
- Be committed to an open and participatory administrative style and create and support a positive, diverse and inclusive work environment, ensuring all staff are treated with dignity and respect.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a network of national leaders in professional and continuing education.
- Provide leadership with a high degree of personal involvement in fundraising efforts on behalf of Global Campus.
- Maintain, strengthen, and explore new strategic relationships with the extended community, higher education institutions, governing bodies, associations, alumni and partners in the public and private sectors on behalf of Global Campus and the university.
- Support university strategic goals, aligning and implementing a Global Campus strategic plan in support of university goals.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Earned master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Evidence of dynamic leadership experience and strategic vision with the ability to execute, demonstrated by a portfolio of professional successes.
- Strong financial management and decision-making skills and effective management of personnel.
- Demonstrated strengths and skills in leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and management, as well as support for pedagogical innovation and an understanding of technology as it applies to accomplishing Global Campus goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage internal and external constituencies to create and promote collaborative relationships in order to achieve strategic goals.
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills to include written, conversational, listening, public speaking, problem-solving, cross-cultural communication and conflict resolution skills in order to create and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external constituents.
- Experience in organizations at the leading edge of online education and service as an advocate for educational technology.
- Knowledge of best practices in professional and continuing education.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and outreach.
Earned doctoral or terminal degree from an accredited institution.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In your application materials, please include a single file pdf containing the following:
- A letter of application detailing the qualification for the position
- A complete curriculum vitae
- Three professional references who have first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s career and administrative experience, including titles, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening will begin immediately on receipt of applications. For initial consideration, materials must be submitted electronically by September 8, 2017. Initial interviews will be held October 2-4, 2017. Anticipated appointment is by January 1, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.