The Accounting Manager must have solid accounting skills, the
ability to manage competing priorities, and a talent for fostering a team. You will help build and manage
account payable operation and accounting department that supports our rapidly growing environment.
A successful candidate will have a strong desire to exceed expectations and have a flexible, can-do
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to the company's accounts payable and the
general administration (GA) of the general ledger function. This position will be responsible for
developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure the preparation
of accurate and timely financial statements.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following is meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and
responsibilities for this position:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the overall aspects of the Account payable functions, reviewing the data entry validation
and providing technical directions, and ensuring all deadlines and timelines are met
• Mentor, train and manage 2+ direct reports
• Responsible for cash management activities including weekly cash disbursements and bank
• Serves as point of contact for internal and external customers regarding accounts payable issues
• Lead in actively developing and implementing new procedures and process improvements to
enhance the workflow of the account payable function
• Responsible for the monthly general ledger close process for the general administration area
including review of the journal entries, monthly accruals and balance sheets reconciliations in the
areas of responsibility.
• Responsible for the fixed assets including reviewing the fixed asset transactions and fixed assets
schedules and preparing quarterly fixed assets roll forward.
• Perform flux analysis for balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Support the completion of both external quarterly/annual audits and SOX 404 compliance reviews
including preparing various accounting reports and audit schedules
• Responsible in filing the sales and used tax and property taxes, and processing the 1099 tax
• Coordinate/resolve issues of accounting matters with other internal and external personnel within
area of responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable
• Perform special projects and varied tasks as needed.
• Maintain Policies and Procedures and Desktop Procedures related to the areas of responsibility
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting is required
• Solid understanding of GAAP
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Accounting with at least 3 years as Accounting Manager with
direct reports demonstrating leadership and solid managerial skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities with competing, short deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
• Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced office while constantly maintaining a friendly and
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment
• Experience working in biotechnical industry preferred
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
Executive search firm specialized in Accounting and Finance, working with hot start-up/pre-IPO, and fortune 500 high-tech companies to help them with all accounting and finance staffing needs offering consultative services. Providing world class service for direct-hire placement from staff level to executive C-level.
Redwood City, CA
Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:56:47 PDT