(Non-Unit) STEM Project Administrator
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for. For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options. The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Under the direction of the Dean of SEM, responsible for the administration of STEM Starter Academy and other College STEM initiatives as they relate to the STEM Starter Academy.
- Designs, develops and implements extracurricular activities of STEM Starter Academy (SSA) and other related STEM initiatives; assists in the implementation of curricular SSA activities
- Responsible for the fiscal oversight of STEM Academy grant funds and activities; this may include planning, administering and overseeing college budget expenditures for the program.
- Processes expenditures according to college procedures i.e. travel, food, student travel, purchases.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate and proper reporting of data; prepares state reports; compiles and tracks information necessary for required report submissions.
- Liaison for statewide SSA group (HCC representative on this group).
- Works collaboratively with Institutional Research, STEM faculty coordinator, advisors, state, ABE, and grant management.
- Supervises advisor, tutor(s), student liaison(s) and lab tech.
- Outreach--works with admissions, marketing and academic departments; may facilitate information sessions.
- Coordinates SSA activities with NSF S-STEM grant activities, including assistance with administrative responsibilities.
- Meets regularly with the Dean of SEM to report progress and activities.
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism in all activities.
- Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree; experience in the administration of budget expenditures; excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated interpersonal skills, especially in working as part of a team and the ability to build a team within the division; ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body; experience with Microsoft Office Suite; ability to work independently; ability to supervise project personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master's degree in STEM field; college work experience; experience working with college students; familiar with campus and statewide STEM initiatives; knowledge of HCC and/or state budgets; knowledge of grant management.
SALARY RANGE: $41,735-$44,500/year, plus a comprehensive State benefits package
HOURS: 30 hours/week
FUNDING SOURCE: STEM Starter Grant (funded through September 21, 2017)
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) - When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications as pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
- List of references with names, addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: August 11, 2017- Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.