Assistant Director of Campus Recreation
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Oversee and manage Falconer fitness center staff, Falconer Fitness Center facility, Yellow Jacket varsity weight room, and all fitness and wellness programs.
- Manage, organize and oversee a comprehensive intramural program.
- Supervise (1) Graduate Assistant for Campus Recreation.
- Hire, supervise, train, and evaluate student supervisors, officials, game workers, and front desk staff.
- Serve as part of Student Engagement team as necessary, including programming and staffing during Welcome Week, Orientation, Commencement, and other events as planned.
- Advise recognized student organizations that are dedicated to recreation, fitness, and wellness.
- Responsible for the budget of all fitness center functions and intramural sport needs including but not limited to equipment, marketing, and promotions.
- Oversee all safety rules and regulations to reduce liability and ensure compliance.
- Provide Program reports (i.e. participation numbers, injuries, incidents, etc.) for both Intramurals and Fitness Center.
- Required Degree(s): Master's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs Administration, Exercise Science, or related field.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Campus Recreation or Fitness & Wellness Programs • Two years of professional experience- preferably in higher education
- Preferred Training/Cert: CPR/First Aid/AED
- Previous experience in coordinating intramural athletic and/or fitness and recreational programs
- Knowledge of various sports and the rules and regulations involved in executing team and individual play
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Skill in providing instruction to a diverse group of individuals
- Knowledge of IMLeagues and Rec*It software desirable.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefited position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Regular evening and and weekend hours required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.