Administrative Assistant to Dean of School of Health Sciences
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Coordinate Dean's schedule and make appointments.
- Create, organize, and maintain electronic files for all forms and documents generated, completed, reviewed by Dean's office, including but not limited to: student forms/letters, HR forms, academic forms/petitions, budget-related documents, adjunct spreadsheets, faculty C.V.s, etc.
- Assist in reviewing bimonthly and monthly budget reports for all programs in SHS, monitor balances, and prepare relevant budget documents for Dean's review.
- Responds to inquiries, issues, and concerns raised by students, staff, faculty within and outside the School of Health Sciences through active listening, gathering information, offering suggestions/solutions as appropriate, and advising Dean of issues as needed to maintain effective operations of the Dean's office and SHS.
- Arrange and coordinate meeting rooms/facilities and event plans.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with other offices and personnel within and outside the School of Health Sciences on behalf of the Dean's office.
- Greet scheduled visitors and direct to appropriate area or person.
- Read and route incoming mail; Copy/file correspondence and other printed materials as directed.
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance.
- Maintain confidentiality of materials and sensitive information in accordance with College policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Dean (e.g. provide assistance to program directors as needed).
- Maintain and update SHS portal pages and electronic digisign as needed.
- Required Degree(s): Associate's Degree in related field
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Required Field of Expertise: 1-3 years work experience as an administrative assistant
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other administrative assistants and faculty
- Commitment to student-centered mission of the School and College
This is a full time benefited position, scheduled for 35 hours per week. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break. The schedule for this position will be flexible to the needs of the department with occasional night and weekend event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.