Advanced Support Specialist - Hardware
User Services provides a central source of support for all Saint Leo University customers and users of information technology resources. The primary objective for the Advanced Support Specialist - Hardware is to provide advanced endpoint support to all supported university computing devices. With direction from the UTS Endpoint Manager, the Advanced Support Specialist - Hardware ensures client workstations are deployed, managed, inventoried, secured and aligned with industry best practices.
The Advanced Support Specialist - Hardware is responsible for overseeing the management of client workstations in the production environment. The Advanced Support Specialist - Hardware is also responsible for coordinating the distribution of production software updates, image creation, and hardware distribution and maintenance.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client OS update management (Windows and Mac)
- Endpoint image creation, and update
- Technical endpoint asset and inventory management
- Installs new or upgraded hardware
- Oversees Altiris Computer Management System
- Builds the final release delivery on endpoint image on both Windows and Mac.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the release
- Evaluates, maintains and oversees "Approved Product List" for administrative and academic technology
- Manages and maintains hardware standards for all desktop computing solutions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Desktop and laptop hardware troubleshooting across multiple hardware manufacturers and operating systems.
- Hardware and staging, documentation, standardization, software licensing models and use of best practice principles.
- Superior knowledge of Altiris Endpoint Management, DeepFreeze, PXE, software packaging, scripting Active Directory, Group Policies, and patch management.
- Superior telephone communication and customer service skills. Client/server enterprise infrastructures.
- Experience interacting with multiple vendors (i.e. Software Vendors, Outsource Vendors).
- High level understanding of available and emerging technologies.
- Significant exposure to industry best practices and ITIL/ITSM methodologies.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Support certification or two (2) or more years of progressively responsible experience and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- CompTIA A+, MCP or higher technical certification required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted. Long periods of standing and squatting may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1564
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo