Admission - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR REGIONAL RECRUITMENT
Vacancy ID S2139 Job Title ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR REGIONAL RECRUITMENT Department Admission School/Parent Organization Enrollment Management Parent Org Division Enrollment Management Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 09/01/2017 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Represent Ithaca College to prospective students, families, school counselors, and other constituents. The assigned recruitment region for this position is New Jersey; other regions could include, but are not limited to, New York City, southeastern NY, and eastern PA. While residing in the region, coordinate the full range of admission responsibilities. Plan and execute student recruitment activities to meet goals for assigned market regions and academic programs; conduct application review and selection for assigned programs; perform functional responsibilities as assigned; meet established numerical and qualitative goals.
1. Manage an assigned travel region to include planning recruitment activities in assigned market region based on review of high schools, socioeconomic characteristics, alumni presence, recent enrollment history and other relevant consideration in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
2. Schedule and participate in approved travel to assigned regions including, but not limited to, high school visits, fairs, career days, college nights; implement additional activities such as hotel or home receptions, phone and email outreach, and web-based chats.
3. Interview students and parents in the assigned region and on campus to provide information regarding college programs; participate in other recruiting activities as assigned. Develop working knowledge of admission and financial aid process and of academic programs and student life.
4. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful college community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the college. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
5. Review applications of prospective students and recommend to the Director appropriate admission decisions; pursue necessary follow-up or support activity for enrollment established criteria and goals for admission decisions; complete review in a timely manner.
6. Develop an in-depth knowledge of assigned review areas. Meet established numerical and qualitative goals for admission decisions.
7. Establish and maintain personal contact by written correspondence, telephone, email and other communication vehicles with school counselors, alumni, parents and others who refer students to the college. Counsel prospective students and parents on the admission process, programs, and opportunities.
8. Serve as regional coordinator of alumni volunteers within region. Train alumni volunteers and oversee their activities.
9. Develop a working knowledge of the college's student information system and leverage available technology and data in recruitment activities. Document, processes and provide written reports and analysis of specific areas of responsibility.
10. Execute responsibilities in a manner consistent with the service philosophy and orientation of the Admission Office
11. Be available on the Ithaca College campus for specific events and periods of time: on-campus open house programs for prospective and admitted students, application review, and professional development and orientation activities.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years admission or related experience; excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work in a multicultural and inclusive community; ability to interact positively with students, parents, alumni, guidance counselors and independent educational consultants in a professional manner and in a variety of formats; a commitment to quality teamwork; high level of initiative and motivation; and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends in support of regional and local recruiting events: valid driver's license and proof of insurability; self-motivated and ability to function independently from a remote location are required.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $50,000 to $55,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).