Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work/Summary of Job:
The Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension is seeking a manager for the Renal Transplant Clinical Trials Program. This full-time position will manage the study coordinators and research program under the direction of the Kidney Transplant Director.
The PRA will receive direct supervision from the Director of Kidney Transplant
Will supervise Clinical Trial Coordinators (Professional Research Assistants) and administrative personnel in the work unit.
Examples of Work Performed:
The main duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Management of the Clinical Trial Office
- Oversight of all staff, staff evaluation, staff development, staff education, staff compensation, payroll
- Interface with all study sponsors, CROs, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs)
- Final study budget approval
- Collaborating with principal investigators, co-investigators to enroll clinical trial patients
- Preparing and submitting compliance documentation for the institutional review board
- Screening, consenting and enrolling study participants
- Collecting, processing and storing samples for research
- Conducting study visits
- Medication compliance tracking and coordinating protocol procedures
- Assessment of adverse drug reactions and other serious adverse events
- Patient education and follow-up
- Routine meetings with monitors to reconcile data management issues
- Overall compliance with the policy and procedures for conducting good clinical trials
- Abstracting data from patient charts and electronic medical records
- Performing data entry into research databases
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Minimum requirement for this position is a Master's degree, or equivalent experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience working in research and/or clinical trials
- Five years of work experience in a clinic, hospital, or clinical research setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10446
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20224 - SOM-MED-Renal General
Posting Date: Jul 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Betsy Pike
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00657086