Instructor-Character Animation and 3-D Modeling
University of Colorado - College of Arts & Media
Instructor - Character Animation and 3-D Modeling
The Visual Arts Department in the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) seeks a qualified individual to fill a full-time faculty position as an Instructor of Visual Effects. This position, with a starting date of August 2017, will have a teaching load of 7 courses per academic year.
The Digital animation Center
Ranked by Animation Career Review as #19[DW1] of the top 50 Public Animation Schools and Colleges in the U.S the Digital Animation Center program provides an uncompromising level of university-level undergraduate instruction in the theory, practice and application of digital 3D media. DAC faculty are experienced professionals with many years of real, practical work experience in a wide variety of animation expertise from broadcast, film, museum, scientific visualization, simulation and the gaming industries. The goal of the Digital Animation Center is to bring together diverse scholars and practitioners to educate students in creative imaging and visualization solutions for evolving research, production and entertainment. [DW2]
The University of Colorado Denver and the College of Arts and Media
The University of Colorado Denver is comprised of the recently consolidated Denver Campus and the Anschutz Medical Campus. The consolidated university confers more graduate degrees each year than any other higher education institution in Colorado, offers over 130-degree programs in 13 schools and colleges, and brings in nearly $400 million annually in sponsored research.
The DenverCampus is locateddowntown next to a vibrant commercial and cultural district, three major professional sports venues, the Denver Convention Center, and city and state government offices. The Denver Campus alonehas an enrollment of over 15,000 learners and has a highly diverse student population.
The College of Arts & Media, located on the Downtown Denver campus, offers B.F.A. and B.A. degrees in Studio Arts, Art History, Film and Television and B.S. and M.S. degrees in Music with studies in the rapidly growing field of audio forensics. Visual Arts majors select programs in Art History, Drawing, Illustration, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Digital Design and Digital Animation.
- Must be proficient in technical approaches related to hard surface modeling and digital sculpting
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, learning, and to working in a team environment
- Strong portfolio of work that reflects a high degree of knowledge in Character Animation and 3-D Modeling
- Strong understanding of the overall production pipeline
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students
- Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity, that treats faculty, staff, and learners fairly and that is hospitable to creativity and innovation
- Bachelor's degree
- Maters degree in animation or related field
- Strong history of teaching courses at the university level
- Demonstrated industry experience
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
Travel and relocation assistance are not available for this position
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is lled. The anticipated start date of this position is August 14, 2017. For more information on the College of Arts & Media, or the University of Colorado Denver in the downtown Denver campus, visit our websites at www.ucdenver.edu or cam.ucdenver.edu. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Individuals indentifying with typically under-represented groups within the animation and gaming industries are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10469
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30120 - CAM-Visual Arts
Posting Date: Jul 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brian DeLevie
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00648935