HR Coordinator I (Jr. Generalist)
HR Coordinator I (Jr. Generalist)
Human Resources - 910600
The University of North Texas System (UNTS) has a great opportunity for HR Coordinator I (HR Junior Generalist) at our System Human Resources office located on the UNT Health Science Center campus in Fort Worth, TX. Join our team in this exciting time and help us develop the future of the University of North Texas System.
The Human Resources Junior Generalist partners with stakeholders to address a variety of workplace issues in a way which provides tangible HR value. This position is customer facing and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction. This role will provide support to the UNTHSC Campus HR team and will provide services across multiple human resources functions including: employee relations, organizational development, talent management and acquisition and total rewards. The incumbent will provide guidance and advice on HR related issues that are less complex.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supports campus Human Resources team in delivery and implementation of customer facing business and people solutions in conjunction with HR Centers of Excellence (COEs).
* Handles general employee relations issues and makes appropriate recommendations.
* Provides detailed information to staff regarding HR policies and procedures.
* Provides coordination for mediation, recognition, and other campus specific programs.
* Provides input and feedback that enhances the delivery of existing programs including research on best practices.
* May prepare and facilitate training.
* Queries and compiles reports regarding campus HR activities.
* Provides support in handling administrative Human Resources functions.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in a related field; and a minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws relating to human resources, affirmative action and EO
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite
* Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
* Effective communications skills both orally and in writing
* Critical thinking skills
* Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* PHR/SPHR Certification
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
HR Coordinator I
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled