* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Human Resources - Talent Acquisition and Compensation Team
Compensation Specialist (Human Resources Principal Professional)
Position #00736370 - Requisition #10490
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver is seeking applications for an experienced Compensation Specialist to join the Talent Acquisition and Compensation team in the campus HR office. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position provides compensation analysis and consulting services to university clients and is considered to be the subject matter expert in their area. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Provides expertise in the development, improvement and implementation of market-competitive structures, market reviews, incentive compensation, pay equity and annual merit review process.
- Manages and participates in strategic initiatives such as conducting a comprehensive compensation study.
- Reviews in-range and discretionary pay considerations.
- Compiles data needed to update PRA salary bands.
- Compiles and analyzes salary market data and developments yearly salary ranges for all university staff job families and levels.
- Searches market data and establishes salary ranges for requests that are outside of established ranges for University Staff and positions higher than Director level.
- Reviews and approves temporary additional pay requests for classified and university staff positions.
- Reviews honoraria requests to determine if request meets honoraria policy. If not, discusses other options with requestor.
- Provides back-up and assistance as needed in the following areas:
- Additional pay approvals - advises schools, colleges, centers and departments on appropriate method and means for payment by complying with CU Administrative Policy Statements, fiscal policy, campus policy and State Personnel Rules and ensures consistent application.
- Leave payouts
- HCM questions related to appointment set-up, compensation, and corrections
- HCM security access
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, paid sick and vacation time, employee discounts, and more. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 6 years of experience in compensation consulting which included market pricing, and analysis of equity/compression issues.
Professional level human resources experience in compensation analysis may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree requirement.
- Master's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science
- Expert level experience working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and running queries in Access or other systems such as Tableau
- Experience running reports in HCM and CIW or comparable system
- Higher Education compensation experience
- Experience in providing training on compensation practices
- Certification from a professional HR Association (PHR, SPHR, IPMA, CCP - Worldat Work)
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical thinking skills, quantitative analysis, creative problem solving, and the ability to work well in a time-critical environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives for a timely and successful conclusion
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to compensation challenges
- Excellent time management skills and organization to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1) A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Brooke Fitzpatrick at Brooke.Fitzpatrick@ucdenver.edu / 303-315-2714
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Jul 27, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: Carlos.Miron@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00736370