IRB Panel Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board
Office of Regulatory Compliance
Job Title - IRB Panel Coordinator
Position #1054 - Requisition #10486
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
COMIRB has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IRB Panel Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The IRB Panel Coordinator will oversee the work flow to ensure that the Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB) conducts reviews of submitted human subject research applications in accordance with federal requirements, COMIRB policies and procedures and accreditation standards. Specifically, the IRB Panel Coordinator will work with personnel in all areas of the submission and review process to ensure appropriate preview of all protocols applications and consent forms; plan COMIRB panel meetings, synthesize meeting reports and ensure that meeting reports are completed in accordance with federal requirements and COMIRB policies and procedures; database entry and generating written feedback letters to investigators; and provide support to faculty and research staff on research submissions, training requirements, and up-dated processing procedures.
This is a full-time position with minimum work hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $41,374 to $47,476 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration, healthcare, business administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis. A master's degree in science or a related field will substitute for the bachelor's degree.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Experience working with Institutional Review Boards or OHRP/FDA regulations regarding human subject research
- Certified IRB Manager (CIM) or Certified IRB Professional (CIP) qualifications
- Experience with research and/or health care
- Experience in an academic setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations for human subject research
- Knowledge of higher educational and/or research environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and organize multiple projects or tasks
- Comprehensive computer skills and ability to work with complex databases
- Ability to effectively support the panel team and contribute to working groups, staff meetings, and other committees as assigned
- Flexibility and adaptability.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin 7/28/2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60068 - ADM-VCR COMIRB
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Katie Sellers
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00001054