GLOBAL EDUCATION COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 91536-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Department: EDUC/GEN ADMIN/DEAN'S OFFICE
Categories: Communications, Editing, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Terminal
Position Vacancy ID: 91536-AS
Working Title: Global Education Coordinator
Official Title: ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A170510-SCHOOL OF EDUCATION/GEN ADMIN/DEAN'S OFFICE
FTE: 25% - 80%
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 01, 2017
Term: This position will end on AUGUST 31, 2018.
Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's degree required in global education, comparative and international education, or related social science or education field; PhD strongly preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* At least two years of successful experience in coordinating or managing global education projects, programs, or activities in an R1 university setting.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the field of global education, at least five years? experience in the field of global education, and first-hand experience in at least two sub-areas of the field (e.g., study abroad, international programs and partnerships, international student services, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability to organize and administer educational programs including study abroad opportunities for undergraduate and/or graduate students
* Demonstrated ability to write and secure grants.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and management skills.
* Ability to work in intercultural and cross-departmental team settings.
The Global Education Coordinator will support the integration of global education into the School of Education's research, teaching, and outreach efforts. This position is located in the Dean's Office of the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Dean's Office.
Possibility for position to be extended beyond 8/31/2018 or be made renewable pending funding availability.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to apply, applications must be submitted online.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, professional writing sample, and provide the contact information for three professional references.
Questions about the position can be directed to: Nancy Kendall 1000 Bascom Mall, room 221 Madison, WI 53706. Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 27 Jul 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 24 Aug 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time