University of Colorado - School of Medicine
This position is responsible for characterizing genetically modified mice and cell line to elucidate the molecular mechanism of vascular calcification.
First area of responsibility:
Characterizing genetically modified mice
Second area of responsibility:
Characterizing genetically engineered cell lines
Generate cell lines
Analyze biochemical parameters
Third area of responsibility:
Writing scientific papers and grants
Minimum Qualific at ions:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD or MD in one of these field of study: neuroscience and/or cardiovascular physiology, biochemistry, nutrition and/or molecular biology
- Minimum of 2 year(s) experience in animal study
- Excellent communic at ion skills using the English language.
Special conditions of employment:
- Experience with ICV injection in situ hybridization, brain IF/IHC and/or Chip-Seq will be required
- Experience with publishing at least two scientific papers as first author.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please send electronic copies of letters of recommendation to email@example.com, or upload them with your other application materials.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Reference Letters (Not Confidential)
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10448
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20224 - SOM-MED-Renal General
Posting Date: Aug 17, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00633120