Web Developer and User Interface Designer
8AM - 5PM
$75,400 - $93,700
The Web Developer and User Interface Designer is responsible for conducting website design and user interface planning, design, implementation, testing and assessment for internal communications purposes, external communications and marketing purposes and instructional services.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Basic understanding of common software architectures and IT infrastructure technologies, especially presentation layer technologies.
Demonstrated experience implementing user interface design best practices and guidelines in websites and/or production software.
Demonstrated knowledge of design principles and guidelines for area of expertise (i.e., visual design, interaction design, information/data visualization, user interface software).
Effective time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Basic knowledge of relevant processes and procedures.
Skills in diagramming, prototyping and using design tools.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates problem solving skills. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated experience developing for and managing content in modern CMS tools such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomia, and/or Magento. Experience creating custom modules and plugins to extend core CMS functionality. Experience designing web CMS content that adheres to WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.
Demonstrated experience with a range of server-side web programming languages and frameworks, such as ASP.NET, C#/Java, PHP, Ruby or Rails, and/or Python. Experience with relational (such as MS SQL, MySQL, or Oracle) and NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB, RavenDB, or CouchDB) including database design, performance optimization, and programming (triggers, stored procedures, views)
Demonstrated experience with object-oriented software design and developing complex applications using C#, Java, or PHP and the related ability to show intermediate understanding of programming techniques and patterns. This will include creative, thoughtful and disciplined technical problem solving practices.
Ability to foster a respectful, cooperative, professional and courteous environment, maintain confidentiality and employ tact and diplomacy.
Ability to accurately apply a wide variety of policies and procedures.
Basic web and/or software development skills.
Demonstrated experience with the SDLC and project management techniques and methodologies including Agile, Scrum, and /or Waterfall. Experience working as an individual contributor in a managed team environment.
Demonstrated experience with project management tools such as (JIRA, FogBugz, Basecamp, or WorkFront) and source control/software versioning tools (Such as Git, Subversion, Mercurial or Team Foundation Server).
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview