Salary: $98,112 - $140,136
Title: Senior Pharmacist
Department: Student Health Services
Date Posted: 07/27/2017
Position Information: The Senior Pharmacist supports the overall mission of Student Health Services in order to serve the students, staff, and faculty of UCR. The Senior Pharmacist dispenses prescription drugs and sells over-the-counter items to students, staff, and faculty of UCR. The Senior Pharmacist is responsible for keeping inventory and recordkeeping for the pharmacy unit. The Senior Pharmacist consults and advises providers on pharmacy issues and supervises other pharmacy staff.
Minimum Requirements: Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with Doctor of Pharmacy degree (pharmD).
Must have current unrestricted License for Registered Pharmacist issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
Experience as a licensed Pharmacist and ability to assume administrative responsibilities for the Pharmacy.
Skills and knowledge according to the standards of practice in the local medical community and in accordance with the laws of the state of California.
Ability to treat co-workers with respect and to resolve conflict by acceptable methods.
Courteous and pleasant manner.
Experience supervising pharmacy staff.
Must be BLS certified.
Preferred Qualifications: Five years of experience as a licensed Pharmacist and ability to assume administrative responsibilities for the Pharmacy.
Working knowledge of effective inventory system.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview