Financial Services Analyst I
Salary: $36,600 - $63,300
Title: Financial Services Analyst I
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Institute of Genomics
Date Posted: 07/27/2017
Position Information: Under the direction of the Managing Director of the multi-departmental Institute for Integrative Genome Biology (IIGB), performs administrative and financial services in support of an Organized Research Unit with multiple large Sales and Service operations involving internal and external customers, an active calendar of academic events, and multi-departmental project and training grants. The multidisciplinary nature of IIGB requires coordination and interaction with a variety of internal and external customers, and the varied nature of job responsibilities requires analysis of and proficiency in internal policies, applications, and controls.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
Basic knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Interpersonal skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
Basic knowledge of financial data management and reporting systems.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
Basic knowledge of financial or accounting concepts, processes and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications: Interest or experience in website design and/or maintenance
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview