The University of Kentucky's Medical Center Physical Plant is currently seeking 2 Floor Technicians for Facilities Management.
As team members of Custodial Services, Floor Care Technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, extraction, and bonneting) of areas that include offices, classrooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, and other public areas.
To be considered for both Floor Technician positions you must submit an application to each. One application with not be considered for both openings. To apply for both positions, reference the following job numbers: RE11125 and RE11126.
IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered)
3CM00:Medical Center Physical Plant
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50lbs; Evening or night shift work schedule.
3:00AM to 11:30AM. Monday - Saturday
MS Windows / Outlook; KRONOS
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Driver's License preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this job posting. (Including all floor equipment you have used.)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe what "teamwork" means to you.
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position requires laborious and/or physically taxing work and the ability to efficiently perform any and all cumbersome duties and job tasks. Are you able to meet these requirements with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Are you currently a regular full-time employee within the University of Kentucky's Auxiliary Services Division?
- Yes, I am a regular full-time employee with Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- No, but I am a University of Kentucky STEPS temporary employee with Auxiliary Services.
- No, I am not employed in any capacity by Auxiliary Services at the University of Kentucky.
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a regular full-time employee at the University of Kentucky.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years, up through 15 years
- More than 15 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Lexington Herald Leader (newspaper ad)
- Richmond Register (newpaper ad)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter