RESEARCH PROJECT MANAGER, School of Dental Medicine, Global and Population Health (8716/N2417)
The Research Project Manager for the Ismile project is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day coordination of a $625K (Phase 2) to $1.5 million (Phase 3) over 3 years NIH funded study on parent-targeted text messaging. This project is focused on improving child health and wellness, including oral health. The primary responsibilities are: to plan, manage, course correct and track all project activities and assure quality control for all operations; oversee the recruitment and enrollment of study participants and achievement of recruitment targets; the hiring, supervision and training of staff; participant tracking of those in the study; oversight of IRB and NIH grant report submissions; monitoring project expenditures, organizing advisory board meetings; serving as primary liaison with our clinic partners; and data management and reporting.
2+ years of experience and Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Additional Required Skills:
1. Two or more years experience performing in the role of project manager in research projects is required.
2. Demonstrated experience successfully utilizing project management practices, techniques and tools to manage and support the project life cycle
3. Experience supervising staff and resources on a research project is required
4. Strong analytical, management, interpersonal and communication skills is required
5. Experience with basic budget is preferred
6. Demonstrated skill in facilitating development of positive culture, including teamwork and communication
7. Proven ability to facilitate teamwork and empower others
8. Excellent self-management and organizational skills, and ability to work as a team-player and team leader
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.