PT Faculty Pool - Linguistics
PT Faculty Pool - Linguistics
Salary: $53.38 - $77.56 hourly
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: 999 - Linguistics
Location: Both Liberal Arts Campus & Pacific Coast Campus, CA
Department: English as a Second Language
Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to Long Beach.
Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
Minimum Qualifications 1. Master's in linguistics or applied linguistics; OR
2. Bachelor's in linguistics; AND ?Master's in TESOL, anthropology, psychology,
? sociology, English or any foreign language; OR
3. Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline; OR, 4. The equivalent 5. Evidence of a sensitivity, understanding, and ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds. Desirable Qualifications 1. Recent community college or lower division teaching experience. 2. Expertise in field of course(s) to be taught.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with academic preparation. Interested Qualified Candidates must submit:
- Long Beach Community College District Application
- Current Resume
- Complete transcripts of ALL lower and upper division, and graduate level college/university course work (add as Attachments to your application - unofficial transcripts are acceptable for your application. Official transcripts will be required upon hire).
*Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by a member of NACES (National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services), such as the International Educational Research Foundation, Inc., Credentials Evaluation Service.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations in accordance with ADA should notify the Human Resources Office for assistance or call 562.938.4372.
President's Message College Facts (Download PDF reader)
THE LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
The community of Long Beach is a wonderful blend of big city and sea-side town. California's 5th largest city conveniently borders Los Angeles and Orange County and is known for its rich heritage celebrating the cultural arts, athletics, tourism, community and civic opportunities. Long Beach is a culturally diverse community of nearly 500,000 that was recently named one of the "100 Best Communities for Young People" by America's Promise.
Academic Part-time employees receive commensurate sick leave per contract.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lbcc/jobs/1804074/
More jobs like this
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Arts & Humanities
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Ethnic & Cultural Studies
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Social Sciences
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Anthropology & Archaeology
- Community & Government Relations jobs in Linguistics