Adjunct Faculty - Child Development
Fort Valley State University is current seeking qualified candidates to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool in the area of Child Development. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted on a per term basis on course/section need and availability. FVSU reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment. Reporting to the Family and Consumer Sciences department chair, the adjunct faculty serves as a part-time non-tenured instructor for up to two courses per academic term.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Academic Department Chair:
- Develop and manage syllabus materials, including: selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to standardized learning objectives
- Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic department chair, reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the academic department chair and other full-time faculty teaching the course
- Facilitate class instruction, teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives and session plan outlines specified by the College
- Administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics
- Submit grades for any assignments, discussion board exercises, and exams and course completion
- Input final grades in the online course grading system
- Respond to student inquires in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in discipline or closely related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year teaching experience at the college level
- Ability to foster a collaborative and cooperative environment among students and faculty
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing technologies & educational practices
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Strong desire to learn and inspire other learners
Doctorate degree in discipline or closely related field from an accredited institution
- May be required to teach evening classes
- Work is performed in a climate controlled environment
Adjunct Faculty are required to maintain three to five (3-5) office hours per week for student consultation and advisement in their instructional area.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.