The Registrar Assistant will act as a primary contact for those with questions regarding the services provided by the Office of the Registrar. The individual will be responsible for maintaining and processing requests for student data.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Answer questions regarding College academic policies, requirements, and course schedules, in person, by email and by telephone.
- Process all requests for official transcripts through the online “Transcripts On Demand” program as well as the manual in-house printing and distribution process.
- Prepare verification of enrollment letters and forms. Submit enrollment information electronically to the Veterans Administration for those students receiving VA benefits.
- Process Schedule Adjustment Forms (add/drop forms) and Late Drop Forms submitted by students.
- Assist students to resolve on-line registration issues and problems.
- Maintain and submit check and deposit receipt records. Reconcile credit card transactions and monthly Visa card transactions.
- Collect Major/Minor/Advisor additions and changes and record in BANNER database.
- Update alumni/student name and address records from transcript request data.
- Proofread all department forms and mailers including registration information, college calendar, diplomas and other publicized information.
- Maintain department form inventory, office supplies and place printing orders.
- Open, distribute, and redirect incoming Registrar Office mail and email.
- Process duplicate diploma requests. Coordinate transcript and diploma document notary service requests.
- Print grade reports for students, staff, and faculty as needed.
- Assist with audits, including Core, major, and minor requirements to ensure student progress toward the Bachelor of Arts degree.
- College degree or combination education and experience required.
- Must have strong word processing and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of Ellucian’s Banner and Microsoft Office software helpful.
- Must be accurate and flexible.
- Must possess excellent communication, clerical, and customer service skills.
- Requires high organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.