Senior Public Relations Manager
This role serves as Senior Public Relations Manager for National Louis University, managing the development, delivery, and measurement of public relations activities. This role will build the university’s reputation and awareness locally, regionally and nationally, and will support the execution of the University’s message platform. This person will report to the VP of Marketing and work collaboratively with the President to develop and communicate messaging strategies to support key differentiators of innovation, college access and completion as well as professional preparation and successful student outcomes through traditional media as well as president-specific social media activity.
• Develops and implements strategic PR programs to elevate reputation and brand awareness.
• Creates compelling media pitches, speaking engagements, speeches, social media and press releases.
• Proactively manages editorial calendars.
• Works with VP of Marketing and Director of Communications to develop a public relations communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
• Establish a media database by leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts.
• Cultivate stories and subject matter experts from the relationships built with internal and external stakeholders.
• Track PR activities, organize information for reporting, and share reports with appropriate parties on an ongoing basis.
• College degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
• 7-10 years of experience within an agency or client side environment.
• Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills with proven ability in creative writing (samples required)
• Advanced computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Wordpress a plus.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, creative and organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Able to comfortably and authoritatively interact with senior and C level executives
• Strong “teamwork” orientation