Coordinator -- Liberty Partnership Program
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the part-time position of Coordinator – Liberty Partnerships Program. The college, in partnership with Fallsburg, Liberty and Monticello School Districts, as well as community-based organizations, has been awarded a $1.4 million Liberty Partnership Program grant to assist local high school students graduate, attend college and pursue a career.
The Coordinator – Liberty Partnership Program assists the Director in developing and managing the Liberty Partnerships Program, a day school, after-school and summer program designed to promote college readiness and career development among high school students.
Programming occurs at local middle schools, high schools and on the SUNY Sullivan campus. It requires a flexible work schedule. Night and weekends shifts may be required.
This Coordinator – Liberty Partnership Program reports to the Director – Liberty Partnership Program.
This is a part-time, temporary, grant-funded position, which pays $20 per hour, up to 25 hours per week on an annual basis.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, with a background in education, counseling, psychology or similar.
- Experience managing programs and events.
- Experience with disadvantaged students a plus.
- Bi-lingual, ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English and Spanish
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with LEA school staff to coordinate Liberty Partnership Program (LPP) in and out-of- school time schedules for teachers, mentors, tutors, counselors, community partners (CBOs) LPP staff, guest speakers, and middle school and high school students enrolled in programming at the Liberty Partnership Program.
- Assist with student/family meetings and counseling sessions.
- Plan and manage LLP student and parent special events and open houses.
- Assist with counseling and mentoring students regarding academic and personal issues at the individual and group level. If necessary, refer students to support programs on and off campus.
- Assist the Director with the recruitment of students to the Liberty Partnerships Program by making presentations to students, answering their questions and guiding students and parents through the enrollment process for the program.
- Actively recruit local businesses for student job shadowing, internship and employment opportunities.
- Assist as a liaison and maintain a close relationship with school administrators and CBO partners to ensure information exchange, coordination of efforts and general support for students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of August 18, 2017.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources and please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Special Information: This appointment is contingent upon receipt of the final approval of the grant contract by the NY State Education Department.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.