Enterprise Project Manager
Enterprise Project Manager
The Project Manager is a key member of the Enterprise Applications team, working with internal customers across the entire college to deliver key projects that make a difference to our students, faculty, and staff. This position plans, directs, and coordinates activities of the IT organization and business technology projects to ensure that project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the project teams that develop and carry out IT projects by monitoring project activities, ensuring the quality, and integrity of the information, and providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise. This individual works closely with the user community in determining how technology can assist them and then works with project teams to translate these needs into systems and processes that deliver value.
The Project Manager will be instrumental in establishing a PMO, working with other IT leadership to define project intake and prioritization processes; establish best practices for project management and delivery; and drive adoption across the college.
Campus Location: Boston Campus
• Expert knowledge of and experience with multiple project management methodologies
• Ability to focus on the big picture while addressing numerous details
• Ability to work independently on large and complex projects that affect the enterprise
• Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills, including the ability to document processes and systems
• Ability and willingness to share domain and technical expertise and mentor others
• PMP, PRINCE2, or other project management certification highly desired
Required Prior Work Experience:
At least five years’ related work experience in information technology
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Open Date: 07/25/2017
Classification Title: Expert IC
Salary Grade: 18
Job Family: Individual Contributor
To apply, please visit: www.emerson.edu