Recreation & Athl Spec 2/Club Sports Coordinator
Working Title Recreation & Athletic Specialist 2/Club Sports Coordinator
Start Something Big with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Recreation and Athletic Specialist 2/Club Sports Coordinator.
This position is responsible for oversight and activities of the Club Sports Federation, in the areas of: program planning (both long and short term), and implementation, student staff supervision, mentoring and training, budget analysis and control, equipment purchasing and maintenance, maintaining professional certifications where necessary, advisory duties to clubs and organizations within the Department, program evaluation and assessment and any other items as deemed necessary by the Director of Campus Recreation Programs.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
- This position will be required to work some evenings and weekends, to be scheduled in advance through adjustment of hours for the applicable week. While this position is eligible for overtime/comp time, all such additional time must be approved before the overtime is worked.
- This position will be required to travel to some CSF activities (Club Sport Federation) and NIRSA conferences/activities (National Intramural & Recreation - Sports Association).
- Although extensive knowledge of all sports within the CSF is not a prerequisite, the selected candidate will be required to become familiar with key areas within each sport, and to maintain up-to-day knowledge of the relevant sports.
- Position will be required to attend training and successfully achieve “EWU Van Driver Certification” within three months of hire date. Upon certification, position will be expected to drive passenger vans with seating for up to 12 event participants.
This position, during the course of university employment, will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. The successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
This is an agency shop position.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Recreation Management, Physical Education or a closely related field; four years full time experience in a campus or community recreation program may be substituted for the degree.
- Current CPR and American Red Cross/YMCA First Aid are required by time of hire.
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
o Position requires a valid Drivers License and proof of insurance.
o Position will be required to attend training and successfully achieve “EWU Van Driver Certification” within three months of hire date.
- Master's Degree in Sports Administration, Recreation Management, Student Development or related field.
- Experience in higher education will be very helpful.
Other Skills and Abilities: