Dean of the College of Education and Human Services
The Dean of the College of Education and Human Services (COEHS) is an experienced, doctorally prepared educator and leader who is primarily responsible for providing quality leadership for the College of Education and Human Services. The Dean represents the College of Education and Human Services and the University at local, regional, national, and global levels, including outreach to rural and urban communities and underrepresented groups. Consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the University and the College, the Dean works diligently to foster a diverse, vibrant and collaborative community. In addition, the Dean operates within a strong campus culture of shared governance.
The Dean reports to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Provide leadership and administration to all aspects of COEHS;
- Promote the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of COEHS and the University;
- Maintain an understanding of PK-12 education, professional counseling, human services leadership, and higher education;
- Provide leadership for development, evaluation, and assessment of academic programs;
- Work with program leaders to ensure accreditations are maintained where appropriate;
- Utilize research to guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs;
- Communicate transparently and regularly with faculty and staff in COEHS, across the University, and with community partners;
- Establish and maintain collaborative educational partnerships with UW System programs, regional colleges/universities, PK-12 educational organizations, community agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Support faculty scholarship, grants, and professional development;
- Foster relationships with rural and urban communities and underrepresented groups;
- Represent COEHS on campus and with external constituencies;
- Honor and support shared governance philosophy and procedures;
- Work collaboratively with other administrators on campus;
- Sustain memberships and provide leadership within appropriate professional and academic organizations;
- Cultivate long-term relationships with alumni, employers, donors, and other stakeholders to ensure adequate financial support for COEHS activity.
- Manage COEHS budget through transparent fiscal responsibility;
- Coordinate the implementation of the COEHS strategic plan;
- Coordinate and advocate for space and facilities assigned to COEHS.
- Recruit and retain COEHS faculty and staff;
- Promote dialogue and collaboration among faculty and staff;
- Provide supervision and evaluation of Dean’s administrative team.
- Doctorate or appropriate terminal degree;
- Leadership experience in higher education;
- Experience with budget management;
- Capacity to be tenured in one of the COEHS academic departments.
- Demonstrated success in academic administration;
- Record of support for faculty research and professional development;
- Record of engagement in shared governance processes;
- Experience with program assessment and accreditation;
- Strong interpersonal, analytic, and decision-making skills;
- Experience in PK12 education, human services leadership, or professional counseling;
- Demonstrated success in fostering collaboration within an academic environment and among external partners;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with urban and rural communities and underrepresented groups.
The Search Committee invites applications (a letter of interest, comprehensive curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of five or more references) be submitted through this link: “Apply Now”
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION: Applications received by September 22, 2017 are ensured full consideration. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee.
Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Application materials will be evaluated and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late applications materials may not receive consideration.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. UW Oshkosh considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.