Director – Liberty Partnerships Program
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the full-time position of Director – Liberty Partnerships Program. The college, in partnership with Fallsburg, Liberty and Monticello School Districts, as well as community-based organizations, has been awarded a $1.4 million Liberty Partnership Program grant to assist local high school students graduate, attend college and pursue a career.
The Director – Liberty Partnership Program is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program, which is comprised of a day school, after-school, and summer program activities designed to increase high school graduation rates and promote college readiness and career development among high school students.
Programming occurs at local middle schools, high schools and on the SUNY Sullivan campus. It requires a flexible work schedule. Night and weekends shifts may be required.
The Director – Liberty Partnership Program reports to the Dean of Student Development Services and supervises the Coordinator – Liberty Partnership Program.
This is a full-time, temporary, grant-funded position. This position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association (PSA).
- Master's Degree in Education, Higher Education Administration, Psychology or Counseling.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Development, Implementation
- Develop day school, after-school and summer programming to provide direct services to the 7th to 12th grade students participating in the Liberty Partnership Program in the Fallsburg, Liberty and Monticello school districts.
- Direct and coordinate curriculum development in collaboration with middle school and high school administrators, teachers, academic partners, community based organizations, and other community stakeholders.
- Lead in the recruitment, selection, placement and appraisal of instructional personnel.
- Lead in the recruitment, and acceptance of LPP students.
- Develop, implement and monitor the progress of personal learning plans for LPP students.
- Facilitate a College and Career Readiness Course at partnering high schools.
- Facilitate a college selection, application, and financing class for students and parents. Coordinate presenter schedules for instruction in admissions, Financial Aid and FAFSA.
- Facilitate individual and group sessions addressing students’ academic and personal concerns/issues.
- Assist in directing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program in and out-of- school time for high school students enrolled in programming at Liberty Partnership Program.
- Assume primary fiscal responsibility for the program.
- Serve as a liaison to and maintain a close relationship with school administrators to ensure information exchange, coordination of efforts and general support for students.
- Lead in grant writing process.
- Prepare and approve required reports, surveys, attendance and release forms by gathering quantitative demographic and service-related data; entering data into the Liberty Partnerships Program database; and maintaining appropriate records.
- Lead in the presentation of budget and fiscal reports. Gather necessary information and documentation and perform requested follow-up to facilitate reimbursements be processed.
- Keep informed of current trends in education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Development Services.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of August 18, 2017. The hiring range for this position is $60,000 to $63,000.
Special Information: This appointment is contingent upon receipt of the final approval of the grant contract by the NY State Education Department.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources and please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.