Program Assistant Admin NE – 60% (Part-Time, 12 Months)
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The Performing Arts Center of Stockton University is seeking to fill a part-time Program Assistant position (21 hrs/wk) to assist with front-of-house duties and/or box office supervision for all assigned events and performances.
- Provide front-of-house support for all assigned PAC events and performances.
- Assist with ticket sales, reservations, payments and donations.
- Provide box office event coverage for all Arts & Humanities student productions.
- Assist with training and teaching student box office employees and ushers.
- Create schedules for box office employees and student ushers.
- Aid with coordination of groups sales and ticket donations to the community.
- Provide assistance with artist hospitality as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Careful attention to detail with very strong organizational skills
- Ability to supervise effectively and work independently
- Capable of making decisions related to any emergency that many arise in the front-of-house area.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills, preferably at a management level
- Help with answering phones.
- Flexible hours are a must and will include nights, weekends, and possible holidays, depending upon the event calendar.
- Daytime office coverage when there are no scheduled events.
- Other general duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Previous ticketing software experience a plus
- Previous box office or house management experience a plus, as is knowledge or background in theatre
- Experience with handling money and credit card transactions
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.