Assistant Director of eLearning - College of Business (A1700454)
College of Business eLearning Office
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Reporting to the Senior Director of eLearning, the Assistant Director will oversee and collaborate closely eLearning staff (coordinators, instructional designers, digital media specialists) in the design, development, and delivery of institutionally relevant instructional programs. In addition, the Assistant Director will lead teaching workshops and perform formative evaluations of instruction for faculty.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(1) Oversee from start to finish the design and development of online academic courses and programs and online initiatives started by the eLearning Office.
(2) Supervise and support eLearning staff in the development, operation and support of online educational systems that are integral to instructional delivery (i.e. course management systems, course evaluation, web conferencing, online assessment, academic integrity in online courses and programs)
(3) Assist in the production and delivery of faculty development programs and staff involved in support services;
(4) Ensure technical support for faculty, staff, programs, and students.
(5) Recruit, supervise and oversee staff and student workers' performance in the e-Learning Office
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree in Instructional Design
Required: Five years of experience in Instructional Design
Preferred: Administration of online initiatives and professional development. Experience in academic programs administration.
Required: Must have excellent project management and communication skills, work effectively in a collaborative team-based environment, and have knowledge of emerging technologies.
Preferred: Knowledge of infrastructure and support in online academic systems, and/or in publishing. Experience using Learning Management Systems, content management systems, and collaborative tools (e.g. Google Drive).
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by August 16, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of eLearning - College of Business (A1700454)
Open Date: 07/26/2017
Close Date: 08/16/2017
Organization Name: eLearning