Student Tutor, JWMI
Tutor graduate students for the purpose of developing confidence and ability in the assigned discipline/course within the Jack Welch Management EMBA program.
- Establish liaison with the professor and work under the professor's direction, if necessary to assist the student
- Assist the lead Professor in the course with weekly discussion questions
- Host synchronous sessions throughout the term to address student questions
- Ensure copyright compliance and the fair use of Internet resources
- Maintain and have available coaching related files and materials
- Attend periodic training sessions to increase competency in working with students
- Help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying
- Help students develop self-confidence, raise self-concept, and reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work
- Help students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas
- Assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas
- Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success
- Establish and maintain rapport with the assigned student(s)
- Serve as a role model for students being served
- Assist the Lead professor with Special projects
- From an accredited institution; Master's degree in discipline they want to tutor in is Required.
- Must have at least 7years of Professional working experience in field they want to tutor in.
- Online tutor must be a subject matter expert or have at an extensive knowledge of the subject
- Tutoring experience is preferred
- Experience in Higher education tutoring/coaching/mentoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Writing Skills
- Knowledge of effective writing process
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain concepts precisely
- Adapt to various audiences
- A desire to help others succeed
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 5 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.