Student Tutor, JWMI
Tutor graduate students for the purpose of developing confidence and ability in the assigned discipline/course within the Jack Welch Management EMBA program.
- Establish liaison with the professor and work under the professor's direction, if necessary to assist the student
- Assist the lead Professor in the course with weekly discussion questions
- Host synchronous sessions throughout the term to address student questions
- Ensure copyright compliance and the fair use of Internet resources
- Maintain and have available coaching related files and materials
- Attend periodic training sessions to increase competency in working with students
- Help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying
- Help students develop self-confidence, raise self-concept, and reduce anxiety or fear of failure in academic work
- Help students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas
- Assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas
- Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success
- Establish and maintain rapport with the assigned student(s)
- Serve as a role model for students being served
- Assist the Lead professor with Special projects
- From an accredited institution; Master's degree in discipline they want to tutor in is Required.
- Must have at least 7years of Professional working experience in field they want to tutor in.
- Online tutor must be a subject matter expert or have at an extensive knowledge of the subject
- Tutoring experience is preferred
- Experience in Higher education tutoring/coaching/mentoring.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Writing Skills
- Knowledge of effective writing process
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain concepts precisely
- Adapt to various audiences
- A desire to help others succeed
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 5 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.
In an effort to better understand how well we work with the job seekers who visit our career site and apply to our positions, we are participating in the 2017 Candidate Experience Awards and Benchmark Program. We invite you to share your experience via the third-party survey link below. Your answers will be confidential and only shared with us anonymously. No contact information will be collected and you will not be revealed to the company nor sold by the third-party.