University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #735974 - Requisition 10363
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University Communications has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Brand Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As a member of the University Communications team, the Brand Specialist implements and assists in the strategy, development and execution of marketing and communications activities to further define, maintain and enhance the CU Denver and CU Anschutz brands. The specialist provides day-to-day project management, brand development, design support and relationship management to ensure projects are completed efficiently, effectively and in full alignment with set strategy and goals.
The Brand Specialist will likely travel regularly between CU Denver located in downtown Denver and CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colo.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist in campus brand development and refinement through stakeholder education, training, governance and project management.
- With supervisor oversight, manage and maintain campus brand guidelines, resources and training systems.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions that promote and enhance campus brands for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Generate, edit and publish professional, brand-compliant templates and designs for various channels (print, digital, online, social, email marketing, presentations, outdoor).
- Actively collaborate with communications staff throughout the university to improve the quality and coherence of brand communications and designs.
- Assist in the strategy, planning and execution for campus events and special occasions.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions to inform visual strategies and constructive design critiques.
- Establish brand-related benchmarks and KPIs the support organizational strategy and goals, monitor and measure progress.
- Keep up with emerging trends in branding, design and marketing, look for opportunities to implement additional strategies.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $56,800 to $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Design or related field from an accredited institution.
- 2-3 years of experience in brand/account management, advertising, graphic design or communications.
- Fluency and experience in a variety of design tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud (such as InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator).
- 5 years of professional experience, in either a design or account/brand management role.
- Experience working in an advertising or branding agency.
- Experience building, managing and evolving large brands.
- Experience providing photography and video production.
- Experience with website content management systems (Sitefinity, Drupal, WordPress).
- Experience with digital asset management systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Project and/or account management skills.
- Graphic design skills and art direction for a range of media (print, digital, online, out-of-home, presentations).
- Ability to manage a diverse workload with multiple priorities and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, demanding environment, while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to discern and implement specific brand identity into all marketing, media, and merchandise efforts.
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a larger team.
- Creative and critical thinker with a constant desire to learn.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current chronological CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Irene Weygandt at Irene.Weygandt@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by August 15, 2017.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60128 - ADM-VCUC University Comm
Posting Date: Jul 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Irene Weygandt
Posting Contact Email: Irene.Weygandt@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00735974