Dean - College of Business
Founded in 1965, UCCS is one of four universities in the University of Colorado System. As one of the fastest growing universities in the state, UCCS enrolls more than 12,000 students and the AACSB International accredited College of Business enrolls approximately 2,000 students annually. The College of Business offers comprehensive undergraduate degrees, select master's degrees, and professional programs that emphasize principle-based ethical decision making. In 2016 U.S. News & World Report ranked Colorado Springs among the top five best places to live in the United States.
The Dean of the College of Business and Administration is the chief academic and administrative officer of the College and reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. The Dean works closely with a management team and collaboratively with the faculty of the college. Primary responsibilities for the Dean include building and maintaining the quality of business programs, building and supporting faculty teaching and scholarship, managing Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) accreditation, strengthening relationships with the business community, and fundraising. The Dean must work collegially with fellow members of the Deans' Council and other senior university administrators to advance the mission of the University.
The Dean provides leadership to the College of Business and Administration:
- Establishes a shared vision that is consistent with the mission and goals of the University and College.
- Initiates and maintains strategic plans for academic programs, College departments and collaborative initiatives.
- Advances a research environment aligned with the mission of the campus.
- Promotes quality academic programs that meet the educational requirements of the students and external constituents.
- Encourages a climate of student support and success.
- Plans and coordinates academic program reviews to acquire and maintain accreditation.
- Maintains an environment of open communication with all interactions carried out in a professional manner.
- Enhances a culture of diversity and community with faculty, staff, and students.
- Uses excellent communication and interpersonal skills to articulate the College's vision, mission and goals to the UCCS campus, CU system, and external constituents.
The Dean is responsible for development activities in the College of Business and Administration:
- Develops community, industry and government partnerships that support College programs and provide external resource enhancement.
- Obtains resources, support and funding to sustain outstanding graduate programs.
- Develops a research infrastructure to assist the faculty in seeking sponsored research opportunities.
- Obtains funding for scholarships, laboratory equipment, and capital development.
The Dean exercises effective administration and management skills in the College of Business and Administration:
- Provides effective management and execution of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Makes decisions in a timely, ethical, and professional manner.
- Deals fairly and equitably with all stakeholders including faculty, staff, and students.
- Supervises faculty and staff personnel, oversees faculty workload with input from the appropriate department chair, establishes and ensures compliance with equitable policies and procedures including those for promotion and salary adjustments.
- Establishes policies and procedures for shared College governance and collegial decision making.
Salary Range: $215,000 - $223,000
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
Minimum Qualifications: The Dean of the College of Business and Administration must be an exceptional individual from the academic, business and/or nonprofit communities. The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree in one of the disciplines housed in the college and a record sufficient to merit appointment as a tenured full professor, or possess a related degree with significant experience in leading a College of Business. Successful administrative experience at an AACSB-accredited college at the level of academic department head, assistant dean, or dean or other comparable administrative experience appropriate for the college is required.
Preferred Qualifications: The Dean of the College of Business and Administration must be a visionary leader with a proven record in building positive relationships, securing funding, and managing finances. A clearly demonstrated entrepreneurial attitude and commitment to diversity and excellence are essential. Experience chairing or being a member on an AACSB accreditation visit team is highly desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by September 17, 2017, will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official transcripts will be required upon hire. • Appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, to include criminal, financial, and sex-offender checks, per campus policy.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:In your cover letter, please describe in detail your professional work experience and how it relates to this position.
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40018 - Vice Chancellor Academic Affrs
Posting Date: Jul 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kara Carragher
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00450101