Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases
Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II) (Part-Time)
Position #726731 - Requisition 10458
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases has an opening for a part-time (0.50 FTE), University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant II) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant. This part-time position supports the Principle Investigator (PI), within the Section of Infectious Diseases, with research projects being conducted both internationally and domestically. This position will also provide administrative support to the PI's research team for various clinical and research study activities which include: tracking financial accounts; monitoring billing processes; and assisting study coordinators with study paperwork and data entry. The Administrative Assistant will execute general office functions including ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, and assisting the PI with manuscript preparation and submission. Additionally, this role will support the PI and the PI's research team by provide effective office administration and grant support, while also adhering to all policies, procedures, and deadlines.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assists with monthly financial statements, and weekly subject payment accounting.
- Tracks and verifies travel, supplies, and other grant expenses and resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Prepares and provides travel arrangements for the PI, as well as other team members' travel to national and international meetings.
- Responsible for the ordering of project supplies and equipment, and reconciliation of university procurement card.
- Responsible for meeting room reservations, managing invitations for weekly and monthly study teleconferences, and coordinating these activities with the study team.
- Assists the PI with manuscript submissions to include uploading of manuscript documents (tables, figures, text) and filling out forms for manuscript submissions.
- Maintains and manages PI's files, (storage of files, purging, etc.).
- Provides general administrative support to the study coordinators.
- Develops and maintains existing filing system.
- Communicates via phone and email ensuring all administrative tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Three (3) years of general clerical experience, which includes one (1) year of working with financial management systems and/or reconciling transactions.
- Experience working with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Substitution: College or university courses, appropriate to bookkeeping and/or accounting may substitute for the one (1) year of financial management system and/or reconciling transactions experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a criminal and sex offender background check.
- Experience utilizing Reference Manager to assist with manuscript submissions.
- Experience with calendar management.
- Experience working on a human research study.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service skills and a strong commitment to service quality.
- Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize duties and tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures from multiple institutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Strong attention to details.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Shannon Gillette at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21016 - SOM-PEDS ID-GenOps
Posting Date: Jul 26, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shannon Gillette
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00726731