University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
A federally funded laboratory in the Department of Medicine of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a Postdoctoral Fellow in proteomics and systems biology research. The qualified individual will be experienced in quantitative life science research in areas related to biochemistry, genomics and proteomics, and show deep interest to develop and apply mass spectrometry, proteomics, transcriptomics, and bioinformatics methods to analyze cell culture and/or animal models of human diseases.
Applicants should have excellent organizational skills, should be reliable and collaborative, demonstrate proficiency in scientific writing and presentations, and desire to be a part of a vibrant and energetic research team in a premier scientific institution in the Rocky Mountain region.
- Design and develop experimental and analytical methods to acquire and analyze large-scale proteomics data to generate biologically relevant knowledge
- Develop quantitative mass spectrometry approaches to examine molecular phenotypes underlying fundamental cell biological and homeostatic processes.
- Interpret data and communicate experimental results and findings to colleagues within the laboratory, the department, and campus in oral and written forms.
- Work independently or as part of a team on protein biochemistry experiments, which may include mouse models, cell culture, immunostaining, and protein & nucleotide analysis.
- Ph.D., D.Sc., or equivalent doctorate degree in chemistry, biochemistry, genetics, bioinformatics, or related scientific fields from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of active research experience in physical or life science environments.
- Experience with large-scale genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, or metabolomics analysis.
- Experience with statistical approach to quantitative omics data and data interpretation.
- Knowledge on programming languages such as Java, C++, and Python, and programming proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to sustain prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in the laboratory environment.
- Must be able to handle, carry, and lift objects encountered in the research settings, up to 10 kg in weight.
- Must be willing to work in a standard research environment that may contain fumes, chemicals, liquid nitrogen, sharp objects, hazardous materials, tissue, and body fluids.
- Must be willing to work with complex laboratory equipment, chemical solutions, and biological materials.
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oral and written communication skills; evidence for effective communication of science.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in quantitative and computational research methods preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10451
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20169 - SOM-MED-Cardiology
Posting Date: Jan 23, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Dennis Evans
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00007561