Housing Facilities Services Staff Training/Development Coordinator
The Staff Development and Training Coordinator is a newly created position, and will work with multiple resources and programs that support the training and development needs the staff for Housing Facilities Services (HFS) , particularly in subject areas of required HFS professional and technical development, personal development and other select initiatives - including developing a "Culture of Engagement" within HFS and for each individual staff member. This position is strategic and essential to the ability of HFS to meet its' defined goals related to staff training and the development of the Culture of Engagement. Duties include the design,development and implementation of training and professional development activities, research and coordination of available training from the Boulder campus, HDS and HFS resources, seeking out pertinent trades and technical training resources, and developing new training options specific to HFS staff needs. Also included are training coordination, compilation, scheduling, tracking, assessment, researching and recommending additional training resources and developing training regimens specific to various position functions. The Coordinator may also conduct training sessions and workshops on various facilities related topics as identified.
Who we are:
HFS is the unit within HDS that has responsibility for efficiently and effectively providing clean, safe, secure, maintained and environmentally supportive existing and new campus residential facilities in support of the Universities' academic mission. A staff that is well-trained, motivated, professional and engaged is vitally important for the success of our mission.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Training and Development
- Provide knowledge on training needs analysis for all units, job titles and individuals within HFS.
- Research, assess and advise on current HFS training resources (trades training).
- Advise on new processes, systems, and procedures in support of identified staff needs.
- Seek out, identify, develop and facilitate appropriate unit specific technical and professional training resources for HFS staff,
- Ensure integration of training in support unit strategic goals.
- Lead the ongoing development of an annual progressive training program for the units within HFS.
- Initiates new processes, systems, and procedures in support of training for identified HFS unit and staff needs - including being the HFS contact and coordinator for the HDS learning management system.
- Supports the strategic initiatives of HFS regarding CU-Boulder and HDS mandatory employee training and onboarding.
- Provides training and workshops for individual units related to the topic of facilities.
- Oversee the evaluation, strategic development and scheduling of training initiatives in support of HFS strategic goals.
- Supports the strategic initiatives of the HFS regarding professional development of employees that cannot be provided by HDS HR.
- Advance use of technology to increase accessibility of training across HFS.
- Personally deliver professional development, personal development and other (select technical or trades specific) trainings to the HFS staff.
- Coordinate, compile, and track individual HFS staff training records to ensure confirmation of training / development requirements.
- Lead the development within HFS of a "Culture of Engagement" within which the staff members feel they have a voice, are empowered to develop ideas and identify and implement Self-Identified Process Improvement Projects.
This is a newly created position that will be responsible for researching, developing and facilitating training for the Housing Facilities Services department, strong organizational skills are required. You will be researching training needs of the department, finding training solutions and developing and implementing a training outline for the Facilities staff.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $55,000 commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be adaptable. Be collaborative. Be innovative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of full-time, professional experience in training and facilitation in an operational environment.
- Experience in training development, management and coordination and delivery in an operational environment.
- Proficient in Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
What you will need:
- Strong communications skills, including interpersonal communication, writing, public speaking and presenting, teaching and instruction.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize critical tasks.
- Ability to independently handle multiple concurrent complex assignments.
- Requires high-level critical thinking, with judgment to recognize and address organizational and employee development needs.
- Ability to tailor to needs of professional staff as well as front-line staff.
- Ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex information, both written and orally to a wide variety of constituents.
- Ability to manage relationships and coordinate workflow with other HFS units.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience with university / large organizational environments, processes, procedures and outcomes.
- Experience with assessment and data interpretation.
- Experience coordinating training programs.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 11th, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09831.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10391 - Housing-Administration
Posting Date: Aug 7, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 18, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00734371