Inventory Control Production
Inventory Control Production
Food Service Supervisor
Catering - 163730
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours will vary depending on schedule needs
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods.
Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls are open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream is made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
UNT Dining Services is searching for an Inventory Control Supervisor. This person is responsible for direct inventory management and is accountable for accurate and complete inventory cycle of foods with the ability to multi task varying workload.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Manages supplies going in and out of storage, including forecasting of future needs.
* Provide documentations of the inventory to prevent shrinkage and aging of products as well as finding opportunities for improvements.
* Develop procedures to accurately control inventories and investigate any discrepancies.
* Document stock deliveries and flow of products throughout the departments.
* Keeping maintenance of stock for availability when needed.
* Ensure products follows FIFO.
* Make sure products stocked are in proper locations (cold & hot items).
* Purchases and track new inventories.
* Report data to senior management when necessary.
* Supervises student worker.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of experience in institutional or commercial food preparation, including one year supervisory experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. Must be Food Safe Certified or able to get certification within 6 months. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others
* Ability to work from written menus, standard recipes and oral instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: checking orders for quantity).
* Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale
* Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and knowledge of necessary precautionary measures
* Knowledge of food values and menu planning.
* Ability to obtain a Health Certificate as issued by the Denton City-County Health Department.
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations.
* Ability to train personnel in the care and use of equipment and in standard practices and methods used in large-scale food service
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
* Must have or be able to quickly develop expertise in assigned area of responsibility.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Inventory and Stock Room Experience preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting