Museum Guard - Part Time Temporary
Assist in the observation of visitors within the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art to ensure protection of the collection of art. Successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Registrar. Maintains order in assigned areas by addressing inappropriate behavior in a confident, calm, and friendly manner. May be required to operate electronic lighting system. May be required to open and close gallery entrance doors. Provides information and directs visitors to galleries, restrooms, information desks and other points of interest.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. Some post-secondary education or equivalent preferred.
- Must be conscientious, organized and methodical in performing daily operations.
- Must possess a patient demeanor while able to stand and remain alert for extended periods of time.
- Must maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- Must be physically able to respond quickly to visitor issues.
- Must have excellent customer service, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have had customer service experience and enjoys serving the public.
- Must have a solid job history; excellent attendance and reliability.
- Ideal candidates will have prior museum guard and/or customer service experience, a desire to be part of a team during exciting exhibitions and programs.
- Current students majoring in studio art, art history, or art education preferred.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Hours per Week
Up to 12 hours/week. Museum is open: Tues (10am-5pm); Wed (10am-8pm); Thurs (10am-8pm); Fri (10am-5pm); Sat (10am-5pm); Sun (12-5pm)
Please submit resume and cover letter.