Master Principal Program Event Coordinator
Posting Number C881P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21677
Working Title Master Principal Program Event Coordinator
Position Number 12900
Department Research & Service Units
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page arkansasleadershipacademy.org
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Master Principal Program Event Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Master Principal Program Leader to provide opportunities to expand the knowledge base and leadership skills of public school principals. The Event Coordinator will organize and prepare Master Principal Program projects and events in various parts of the state and serve as contact person for Master Principal events.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education of a high school diploma
- At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
- At least four years of experience in administrative support, including one year in a supervisory or leadership capacity
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- At least two years of experience in event planning
- At least two years of experience with the Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- At least two years of experience working with diverse employees and customers
- At least two years of experience creating a Banquet Event Order
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and social media skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Effective Interpersonal and written communication skills as evidenced in application materials
- Ability to communicate oral and written reports
- Ability to compose, type, and edit various documents including letters, memorandum, and forms for the Arkansas Leadership Academy Program
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Repetitive motion
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (schedule may vary based on department needs to include some events in the evenings and weekends)
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - WAAX 340 West Avenue
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C113
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? No
If yes, please specify
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
This position is subject to a pre-employment MVR check. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 09/01/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field?
- * Do you have at least four years of experience in administrative support, including one year in a supervisory or leadership capacity?
- * What best describes your years of experience as an event coordinator?
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two
- At least two years, but less than three
- At least three years, but less than four
- Four years or more
- * What best describes your years of experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint?
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two years
- At least two years, but less than three years
- At least three years, but less than four years
- At least four years, but less than five years
- Five years or more
- * Do you have experience with managing multiple and concurrent tasks?
- * Do you have the availability to work some events in the evenings and weekends?
- * What is your definition of diversity? (100 words or less)
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (1)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (2)
- Proof of Veterans Status