Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
Job Number: 75761
The Stanford Radiology Department is a world leader in medical imaging research, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and molecular imaging with positron emission tomography (PET), PET/MR, PET/CT and Focused Ultrasound. MRI and PET are both widely used clinically for diagnosis of medical problems, including assessment bone health, brain injury, pain localization, tumor localization and therapy monitoring. We lead clinical research programs for early disease detection, diagnosis, and therapy monitoring. Our research teams are dedicated to advancing patient care through innovative imaging, including technology development and new chemistry/probe development for clinical research. This Clinical Research Coordinator Associate position is focused on coordinating clinical research studies, including gaining an understanding of study requirements, good clinical practice regarding human subjects research, as well as adhering to all safety requirements related to MR imaging in particular. The successful applicant will be organized, outgoing, an excellent communicator, and thorough in record keeping. He/she will frequently be the first point of contact for participants in a research study, will explain all aspects of the study to subjects, and will communicate any concerns that the subject has to and from the research team. Complete records of all subject enrollment will be critical, including kick-off meetings for study start-ups, setup and maintenance of appropriate subject databases and/or study notebooks. The tasks may also include handling of patient data, including deidentification for research purposes, reporting of subject enrollment, and assisting with publication or presentation of study results. The research assistant may also be responsible for collecting surgical specimens from the operating room for research studies. The Department of Radiology leads multiple research studies that involves a range of individuals including faculty, scientific staff, post-doctoral fellows and students. The ability to work within a team is essential. Overall, this position will allow tremendous exposure to the research that is performed in the department, as well as growth opportunities in the university. Stanford University is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate to perform administrative support duties related to the collection of clinical data and/or the coordination of clinical studies. Work under the direction and supervision of Dr. Frederick T. Chin. Duties include:
- Two-year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.