Information Technologist I
Disaster Recovery Services AnalystPosition Summary
Disaster Recovery Services Analyst will provide guidance in developing, coordinating, assessing and communicating recovery and contingency plans regarding current, planned, and IT environments across campus;
- Makes recommendations that enable timely and effective decisions regarding recovery plans for hardware and software systems.
- Coordinates disaster and recovery planning between various application, infrastructure, and support groups on campus.
- Produces documentation, presentation materials and provides training on disaster recovery, system contingency and resiliency, and business continuity procedures to campus staff members as applicable.
- Tracks and routes issues to a successful completion, including communicating resolutions to management and customers.
- Assists in enhancing, formalizing and standardizing campus business planning processes, including forecasting and tracking mechanisms across campus business units, to facilitate timely accommodation of future recovery requirements and opportunities.
- DR plan lifecycle management -- performs periodic audits of existing disaster recovery plans and recommends improvements and enhancements to management
- Coordinates and provides support throughout annual and ad hoc disaster recovery process testing.
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five years of experience in business continuity and/or disaster recovery planning including demonstrated proficiency in the development of continuity and resiliency strategies, creation of recovery procedures guides and policy manuals, performing business impact and risk analysis. Experience with core and edge network infrastructure, servers, storage, virtualization, and data center operations. Experience with IT internal controls, audit, and formal review processes. Knowledge of system development, architecture and data structure design. Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
Experience on an enterprise level disaster recovery team. Previous experience with IT services, particularly disaster recovery and business continuity in a higher education environment. ITIL Foundations certification desired. CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) or experience and knowledge that would lead to certification within 6 months.Required Application Materials
Cover letterWork Hours
Bidding eligibility ends on 8/1/17 at 11:55 PM.