Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Posting #: 17-000
Number of Working Months: 12 Months
Starting Salary: $6,242.73 per month
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Duration: Full-Time
Starting Salary: $6,242.73 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade: C1-60
Full Salary Range: $6,242.73 - $8,353.36 (per month)
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position will gather, analyze, and convey user requests and requirements to support the maintenance, development and implementation of administrative and academic applications and data query/reporting analysis. This position will also develop and maintain a knowledge base of business workflows as they relate to administrative, academic and LAN applications; provide functional and high level technical support, training and assistance to users and Educational Technology Services (ETS) staff in the performance of their daily activities; develop documentations and training materials and assist senior management in collection of technology requirements for new or upgraded services.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct user needs analysis and plans, designs, analyzes, implements and maintains applications systems solutions.
- Consult with users regarding applications programming requests, applications training, user support and troubleshooting. Gather requirements from the business line users for various systems.
- Analyzes user applications programming requests related to overall program goals and system functionality; recommend solutions to improve efficiency.
- Use strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with particular emphasis on the production of clear and detailed written business requirements and functional specifications. Track and fully document changes to functional and business specifications.
- Work with clients to plan, organize and conduct business process reengineering and change management projects.
- Lead in Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new system functionality. Develop functional and technical documentation and test plans. Conducts document and applications tests, evaluates results in accordance with QA standards.
- Perform/organize user acceptance testing; prepare project status reports for senior management.
- Provide support to help desk, guiding clients to resolve issues as they emerge.
- Conduct programming assignments in report, data query, web content, and business workflow. Design, develop and maintain database applications.
- Provide technical assistance in training, coaching of classified staff and faculty of new and existing systems; Collaborate with ETS staff to ensure training programs are successfully promoted and implemented resulting in a high level of satisfaction from participants.
- Write system documentation and produce training materials; evaluate and revamp training materials as appropriate to meet changing technology and user needs.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and use emerging and/or relevant methodologies, languages and technologies.
- Implement and maintain compliance with current security and service protocol standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Applications programming theory, principles and practices.
- Current and emerging applications programming and scripting languages and technology.
- Current applications development and security practices.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Understand and proficient in knowledge of information technology.
- Application team development environment.
- College operations.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Analyze and respond to user requests.
- Write technical and functional documentation.
- Write detailed system level specifications.
- Develop and implement test plans for applications.
- Interpret technical manuals and apply relevant information.
- Communicate effectively and interact both orally and in writing with functional users and technical staff.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Organize and manage development and delivery of training.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Work in a changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Work in a team structure.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in information technology, business administration or equivalent AND four (4) to six (6) years of combined analysis, programming, system documentation experience AND familiarity with JAVA, Database technology, and Software Development Life Cycle AND familiarity with the latest project documentation and management tools; sample of works.
- Office environment.
- May include travel to conduct work.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone as well as making presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Vision to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects up to 20 lbs.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our “Applicant Information” to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, 12-months per year
Starting date: As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022