Program Manager, Learning & Development
The Program Manager plays an integral role in the delivery and growth of the Society for College and University Planning’s (SCUP) premier learning program - the “Planning Institute” (PI). The manager will collaboratively design, implement, and manage program operations to support, scale, and expand the Institute.
The ideal candidate wants to work in a creative organization of dedicated professionals. The incumbent is part of the SCUP Learning Team plus works collaboratively and openly across the entire organization to implement SCUP’s learning strategy, which is based on the premise that professional learning is a driver of an innovative college or university, and is one key for SCUP to become an innovative higher education association.
- Manage the planning and execution of the Planning Institute.
- Engage interested campuses in discovery – respond to inquiries regarding the program, describing the programs value, and demonstrating how the program would benefit their campus.
- Drive the program strategy – business model, market analysis, and development.
- Develop and track metrics to measure program performance.
- Develop and manage the PI program budget.
The successful candidate will have experience in program management, preferably in a professional development or learning environment; experience working in higher education is highly preferred.
Proven track record in program and/or project management.
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters or advanced degree preferred.
- Experience and interest in establishing program processes and growing a program.
- Ability to translate, speak credibly, and manage relationships with wide-ranging stakeholders (including senior college or university leaders, subject matter experts, new clients, and PI facilitators).
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, writing): in-person, over-the-phone, over video conference, in small and large groups.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative and consensus-driven. Includes people, but makes decisions.
SCUP offer a SCUP offer a competitive benefits package including great medical, dental and vision insurance; 11 paid holidays; 24 vacation days; 401(k) with up to 10% match; short- and long-term disability and life insurance.
including great medical, dental and vision insurance; 11 paid holidays; 24 vacation days; 401(k) with up to 10% match; short- and long-term disability and life insurance.
Application: A cover letter is required for consideration.
The Society for College and University Planning is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.