Instructional Support Specialist - University College
The Instructional Support Specialist is a member of the University College Academic Quality Development Team. The Academic Quality Development Team plays a central role in advancing University Colleges mission to provide rigorous and engaging learning experiences by engaging in and providing strategic insight for faculty support and development, course optimization, and quality assurance in course delivery. The Instructional Support Specialist position provides support and training in the areas of teaching and learning strategies, educational technology, and student experience optimization primarily for new and existing faculty, and University College staff when appropriate. The position monitors on-campus and online course execution to ensure the quality of the educational experience for students and faculty of University College. Specifically, this position has an emphasis on researching educational technology tools and devising ways to integrate these tools into University College courses. Additionally, the Instructional Support Specialist will engage in duties related to academic program support, instructor performance and activity, and learning analytics. The position provides support for instructors including design, development and delivery guidance, and online course issue resolution such as LMS troubleshooting. General questions regarding the effective use of educational technology and materials, technology characteristics, and other resources are also supported.
- Bachelor's degree and 2-5 year's relevant professional experience.
- Experience with online teaching environments, preferably including hybrid modalities.
- Experience analyzing existing educational materials for rigor and quality.
- Experience providing support to others such as, but not limited to, a help desk or customer service type of position.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and best practices, teaching principles and best practices, and outcome and course development experience.
- Experience within or knowledge of higher education.
- Knowledge of learning management tools
- Advanced degree in area of instructional design, educational technology, and/or instructional technology.
- Knowledge of and experience with adult learners.
- Quality Matters Certification.
- Experience managing projects with a team.
- Supervisory experience in some capacity.
- Teaching or training experience in a formal setting, such as, but not limited to, an academic institution, corporate training environment, or non-profit environment.
- Multimedia design and development experience.
- Experience in development and deployment of a quality control process.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Wednesday, August 9, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact: Dr. Allison Friederichs at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.