Associate or Full Professor of English Learner Education
POSITION: Associate or Full Professor of English Learner Education
DEPARTMENT: Education & Leadership
- Oversee the Monterey Institute for English Learners (MIEL): Equity in Research & Practice
- Secure external funding to support the work of MIEL
- Conduct research and publish in high-quality peer-reviewed journals
- Mentor students
- Teach evidence based practices in educating English Language Learners
- Active engagement with the CSUMB Tri-County service region (San Benito, Santa Cruz, & Monterey Counties)
- Participate in field supervision in multicultural environments and a strong commitment to field-based involvement
- Develop in-service courses and/or professional development experiences for local educators in collaboration with local school agencies and other CSUMB educators
- Present research at professional meetings
- Service to the Education & Leadership Department, College, University, and the education profession.
- Doctorate in Bilingual Education or closely related field
- Knowledge of effective instructional practices in educating English learners at both the elementary and secondary school levels
- U.S. K-12 teaching experience
- Bilingual: Spanish
- Ability to teach literacy or content area methods courses in Spanish to bilingual teacher candidates in bilingual education and dual immersion settings
- Established track record of extramural research funding
- A strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals commensurate with rank
- Experience working effectively in an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community
- Administrative experience in K-12 or higher education
- Experience in working with students with disabilities
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html) as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position within the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
JOB POSTING DATE: July 26, 2017
PRIORITY SCREENING BEGINS: October 27, 2017
APPOINTMENT DATE: Fall 2018
APPLY: A completed online application, including attachments must be received by University Personnel by 5:00 p.m. on the priority screening date listed above to be guaranteed a review. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned. CSUMB will not fax application materials.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library, (map). Please check the links provided for the respective hours and the location.
CSU Monterey Bay is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to: Age, Disability, Race or Ethnicity, Gender, Gender Identity or Expression, Nationality, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Genetic Information, Veteran or Military Status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S..