Traffic Engineer-Project Manager
Responsibilities include: project and task management for traffic operations analyses including traffic studies, site access and circulation planning/design, traffic engineering and operations, signing/striping, roadway lighting and traffic signal operations. Also, oversee and manage the production of study reports, direct junior staff, and assist with business development.
- Provide support to transportation and municipal project managers in transportation related studies and designs, including traffic management plans, signing and striping plans, traffic modeling and city and corridor transportation studies
- Develops, coordinates and completes the final design and the preparation of plans, specifications and studies associated with traffic signal design work
- Coordinates the construction administration of signal and traffic management projects.
- Plans and organizes technical project work assignments
- Directs & supervises the work of other engineers and technicians
- Assists with the training and development of professional and technical staff
- Establishes specialty area of expertise in traffic engineering
- B.S. Degree in Engineering from an accredited college
- Currently registered as Professional Engineer (P.E.) as well as a
- Generally requires six (6) years of progressive experience or Master s Degree plus five (5) years of progressive experience
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (P.T.O.E.) preferred, not required
- Knowledge and skills in Microstation CAD preferred
- Thorough knowledge in related software (i.e. SYNCHRO, SIMTraffic, CORSIM, MS Excel and Word)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Carnahan Proctor and Cross, Inc. (CPC): Founded in 1977, CPC is a multi-disciplined firm with 40 years of professional consulting experience. CPC's in-house staff includes 80+ Civil Engineers, Construction Management Services Professionals, and Surveyors and Mappers, along with the administrative and technical staff to support all aspects of any project. CPC is a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and continues to provide award winning professional services.
CPC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CPC ensures non discrimination in all programs and activities. CPC participates in the E-verify employment authorization program.
Deerfield Beach, FL
Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:52:42 PDT